Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Old Man - Hands

I needed to make some hands for the Old man. I have decided not to make them too detailed i.e add finger nails, as this would be too time consuming and the final animation will not have any close ups of the them.



First I created a box and made it 7 segments for the width and 3 segments for the length and 1 for the height. I then shaped one end inwards for the wrist and one in outwards for the fingers.



Next I selected 4 polygons at end of the box and used the 'extrude' to bring the fingers out making sure I stopped at the each put of the knuckle to add new segments to the fingers.


At this point I needed a reference to copy round so I found a picture of a hand and added it to plane and placed it directly behind the object.

Once the fingers wee complete I concentrated on the thumb which I extruded from the side of the hand and shaped it the best I could around the Reference map.

Finally I added some knuckles to the hand this was done selecting the Polygons where the knuckles should be and exuding and then scaling them to a realistic size.

No comments:

Post a Comment