Pages

Monday 26 April 2010

Scene One - Finish

My first scene was nearing completion. The smoke for the chimney needed to be added this was done by producing 4 cones and adding some modifiers to them these were: Edit mesh, Mesh select, Flex, Noise and Bend. These modifiers all contribute to make the smoke effect look like it is rising from the chimney.

Next the smoke needed to fade out due to the fire running out of wood, this was done by scaling the cones down while in animation mode. The smoke needed to disappear when the glow from the window also faded out.


The final part of the scene was adding the Old mans voice. This was done by recording my own voice on a Edirol R-09HR 24bit Wave/MP3 Recorder. Once I had recorded the phrases that I wanted the Old man to say, I then added them to my original Thunder and rain sound track using Adobe Soundbooth. I also added a few footstep samples to the scene which made the scene more realistic, this gave the impression that the Old man was walking through his little house stopping to open the front door and then heading of to go collect the wood.






No comments:

Post a Comment