Pages

Monday 26 April 2010

Scene Three

Scene three tries to make you feel that the Old man has finally given up on his hard life. He's wet tired and generally fed up. The scene will be shot as a close up of his face so there didn't need to be much else in the scene. I left a few trees around him but I didn't want them directly behind his head because I wanted him the stand out, and not to make the background too busy. I added the Lightning effects and the rain & thunder sounds. I also made use of the light coming from the Old mans lamp to create some nice shadows over him.



I recorded the Old mans voice and then added it to the soundtrack, the next thing I needed to do was to lip sync the the speech with his mouth. This was done but using the Track view - Curve editor to get the syncing just right. I kept the mouth nice and simple so it showed up as clear as possible in the dark atmosphere.


After syncing his mouth I animated the Old mans head slowly shaking from side to side, like he was sad and fed up, I then had him bow his head which matched the start scene 4, where I was going to have him start the scene with his head bowed.


I originally wanted to animate the Old mans eyes and eyebrows but when I tried to do this the objects were not animating! They kept on ignoring the new position I was putting them into which became very frustrating so I left it. If I find out a reason for this problem I might go back and change it. But overall the scene achieves what I wanted, the sense of unhappiness and despair from the main character.



No comments:

Post a Comment