Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Death - Skull

The skull was modeled from this cartoon picture. I started with a box then using the editable poly modifier I deleted some polygons so get a basic shape of the skull next I moved the 'verts' to shape the head. I then used the 'verts' to shape the eyes and nose, next I deleted the polygons to make these features hollow.


Once I had sculpted the skull I chose the side of the head that looked best and then deleted half of the skull so I could use the symmetry modifier to make the skull symmetrical. The teeth were made by using the cut tool and deleting the triangular shapes out of the jaw. The Skull would be buried inside the hood of the cloak so I didn't have to worry about the back of the head. I also left the skull face flat which wouldn't matter because the scene will only Death from the front.


To finish the skull I found a bone texture and used it in the diffuse and bump maps in the material editor. I also pushed the self illumination up to give the skull a ghostly glow in the dark look. Overall I think it came out quite well and should look effective in the darkly lit scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment