Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Old Man - Body



To make the model of the Old man I used my original sketches for the character I drew at the start of the project. I set the two views of the Old man up on planes and then froze them so they didn't bother my while I will building him.



I then made a box object to make up the main bulk of the torso. I shaped the body so he would have a nice fat shape an then I extruded the arms.



The ankles and feet were next. I wanted to add the hands now, this was to give the Old man a bit of life while I was modeling him.




The head and hat were extruded next. Here it was becoming apparent that my sketches weren't quite good enough to use for referencing. Firstly the arms were down by the side in the sketch. This wasn't easy to model and also there may of been issues with the side of the body stretching when the arms went up. Secondly the sketch wasn't drawn straight and symmetrical so it was was hard to keep the model neat.



It was too late to start again so I tried my best to get the model as true to the sketches as possible. Next time I would turn my original sketches into a more technical drawing where all the measurements were perfect and the arms were at an upright position. After rendering the model I realised that it needed allot more work to get it looking how I wanted I to.

No comments:

Post a Comment