Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Scene One - Footsteps

Once i had the hills looking right I started on the footsteps for my Old man character. I reverted back to my original story board and positioned the old man at the point where the house was going to be, because the man was going to start from inside the house and walk down the hill and disappear out the bottom of the screen. In footstep mode I created enough footsteps to cover the ground over the hill. I needed to rotate the steps so the feet angled down the hill and I also had to to position them so they were touching the grass.

Next I looked to see how the Old man looked while walking down the hill. First I had the problem of his arms staying by his side, this looked very odd as the character was fat and I wanted his arms to stick out as if he was always keeping balance whilst he was walking. I also had to rotate all the footsteps so they were facing outwards a bit, this what make the Old man look like he was shuffling along and also this stopped my models ankles from 'twisting up' because the Oldmans feet were designed to stick awards a bit.



I needed to work out the timing of the Oldman exit and re-entrance to the scene next. The Old man would leave the scene by walking down the first hill and then re-appear walking in the distance over the second hill. I decided to extend the footsteps out of the bottom of the hill so he was out of sight and it acted as a good time gauge to when he should re-enter again.



Once I knew what frame to use I created another copy of the Old man and then repeated what I did to to the first hill but this time he would be climbing the hill.


No comments:

Post a Comment