Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Old Man - Face

To give the Old man a bit of life and colour I selected the poly's that made up the beard and then added a bump and colour to it with the material editor. It also needed a map modifier so that the beard wrapped around his face properly. I did the same with the skin and I also added colour the his hat and tunic. But I still wasn't happy with his nose and eye sockets and I also needed to give him some ears.

The problem I was having was that if I was changing one side of his face it was virtually imposable to get the other side the same. So I had to delete half of my model and then add a symmetry modifier (which I hadn't used before). At first it looked very strange but I could now get to work on shaping the features.
I extruded the ear and started to reshape the nose but the problem I was having was that I had created to many vertices's when I extruded the nose and cheeks from the original box. This made it really hard to choose the right vertices's to adjust to get the face right.

No comments:

Post a Comment