Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Death - Cloak



I now needed the make my Death character. I started by using my original sketches that I drew at the start of the project. Firstly I placed the pictures on to two planes and froze them so that you could see both angles of the character next to each other. I started with a box which covered the torso of the character and then changed it to an editable poly. Here I moved the vertices so that they matched the outline of my drawing.


I found out while making the Old man character that you only have to concentrate on one side of the model so I did this with the side of death with his arm sticking out.

In my initial drawing I didn't put any detail in deaths face because I wanted him to look quite menacing but I was thinking to animate the death talking if i had time so i needed him to have a mouth. I looked for an appropriate skull on the web and found a cartoon skull that would probably work well because it fitted well on to my cloak and also look quite evil, but fun! I created a new plane and added the skull to it, this was to get the shape of the hood right.


To finish the cloak I added a symmetry modifier and then finally a turbo smooth modifier. I would now have to think about hollowing out the hood and the sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment