Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Death - Skull & Cloak



To hollow out the hood for deaths cloak I used the cut tool to make a new edge around the hood parameter then I selected the inner polygons and then deleted them.




I then added my skull to see how it looked. There was a slight problem with hood now which had arisen since I had made the change. The problem was that the turbo smooth modifier was effecting the neck part of the cloak, it rose up a bit and wasn't quite right. I tried to move some 'verts' to correct it but it didn't seem possible.


I decided to take the Turbo Smooth away and add just the Smooth modifier which made the problem go away but i had a dilemma because the Turbo Smooth makes the hood look more natural.



This is the cloak with the Smooth on is looks o.k because the cloak doesn't have to look totally realistic because of the cartoon style. I also added a fabric bump map to the cloak and a dark grey colour. I didn't want to make the cloak too dark because I wanted it to stand out a bit in my scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment