Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Scythe & Sticks


There were a couple of props that i needed to make for my last scene, these would be quite simple to make. First was the scythe that Death would hold as he rose from the ground. This was made by finding a reference picture of a scythe and attaching it to a plane. I then made the handle from a cylinder and created the blade from a thin box. I gave the handle a wooden texture and a UV modifier to make it look real. And for the blade I gave it a rusty metal texture and also raised the specular and glossiness levels to make it look more like metal.





The wood was needed for when Death arrives and the Old man cheekily asks Death to help him carry them. They were made by making a cylinder and adding a Noise modifier to make the logs look uneven and knobbly. I used another wood texture of the diffuse and bump maps to create a realistic look and then I copied the logs and stacked them together so them looked like a pile.





No comments:

Post a Comment