Pages

Thursday 18 March 2010

Scene One - Hills & Background



To make the hills I first went to the Create panel > Geometry > Patch Grids > Quad Patch and drew a Quad Patch in the top view port. I now wanted to recreate the hills that were in opening scene of my animation. I did this by making two mounds on the object by using the Edit patch modifier and the soft selection option. I then added a Grass picture to the diffuse colour and bump maps in the material editor.




Next I added my house to the top of the hill by merging it to the scene.




In my initial story board I wanted a sunset in the background in which the sun going to go slowly down to give the effect of time passing. But now I have had a change of mind and I'm going to have the scene at night. This will give more enthuses on: 1,The light coming from the house and also from the Old mans lamp. 2, I can add rain and lightning to the scene. 3, The Old man is going to be more annoyed with these conditions, which adds to the story. I made a starry picture in Photoshop and then added it as a background. There is a possibility I might use the moon if the scene needs more light.

No comments:

Post a Comment