Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2010

House - Design



I started by making a box object. I converted the object to an editable Polygon and deleted the the areas in which the doors and windows are going to be placed. I then choose a appropriate door and window and re sized them to fit the gaps. I choose a door that opened towards the camera as I thought this would look better.



Next I added the loft section of the roof by creating a cylinder with 3 sides for the inner section and by using the line tool I created the beam triangle.



The roof was created with a 3 sided cylinder I then deleted one of the sides this gave the same angle as the loft section. I then added a couple of boxes for the chimney. I hollowed out the top section so I can emit smoke from within the chimney.



Next I needed to find some textures for my house I wanted to make the house look old and weathered but not too dark because the scene was going to be dimly lit and the house is a big part of the story. I found a nice brick map but the colour wasn't right so I used Photoshop to give the brick work a white worn paint effect by changing some things in the blending options of the program.



I found two different wood textures for the windows, doors and beams which I used UVW Map to align the textures. I also found a slate style tile for the roof. I added the same textures to the bump maps to give the textures ab it of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment